Health Savings Account
Your money, your health.
Increasing health insurance premium costs are motivating employers and consumers to go with high-deductible health insurance plans. As a result, many people are turning to Health Savings Accounts (HSA's) to assist with their additional out-of-pocket expenses.
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-advantaged account that can be used to pay for current or future qualified medical expenses. HSA's are available to individuals who qualify and have a high deductible health insurance plan.
If you qualify, you can make pre-tax and/or tax deductible contributions into this account, subject to limits, reducing the amount of federal income tax you pay. You can then make tax-free withdrawals to pay for qualified healthcare expenses. This can include deductibles, co-payments, prescriptions, dental care, eye care, etc. For a complete list refer to IRS publication 502 on Medical and Dental Expenses.
The features of this account include:
- Qualifying contributions are tax deductible.
- Interest income grows tax-deferred and distributions of income for qualified medical expenses are tax exempt.
- The money left in the account at the end of the year rolls over into the next year.
- Free Debit card available for qualifying medical expenses.
- Personalized FNB Checks.
- Low monthly fees or no fee with qualifying balance.
Contact us at any of our branch locations to open an account now.